Wanna join a community of poets? Why not join Poetry Squad Love? What is that you ask? Well…
▪On June 10, 2017 a search for poets was brought to my attention via Twitter thanks to: (@BlackMoonMaven)
▪I, along with other talented poets were tagged (via @unicornnikk) so I tagged others and things snowballed from there.
▪There was a huge response & by this time we needed a name so I, (@fairlyliterary) suggested #PoetrySquadLove (I’m pretty sure there were at least 2 other names before that but PoetrySquadLove was the end product.)
▪Some poets suggested we work together to create an anthology.
▪The group was later moved to an app/website called Slack for more organization because the Twitter thread had gotten longer and longer and became too much to keep up with.
So what is Slack? (I’m sure you’re asking)
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Even if you are a poet and not interested or unavailable to join Poetry Squad Love you are still welcome to join the community we’re building over on Slack.
We’re a group of poets brought together to share, write, support and be there for each other.
Doesn’t matter if you’re published or unpublished. If you’re on apps like Twitter and Instagram or if you just write poetry in your journal you’re welcome to join in.
NOTE: If you’re interested just let me know via comment or follow me on Twitter/Instagram to DM me your e-mail address because Slack only allows the admin which includes myself and 2 others to invite people via e-mail.